Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Saturday, February 27, 2010

So this is how crazy my dog is. A month or so ago I let her outside around midnight like always. We have a fenced in back yard so that's really nice. So I'm still in a fog from waking up. As I open the door she bolts out barking like she is about to attack something. This is normal so I didn't think anything of it. I go lay on the couch until she scratches on the door to come in. Instead of scratching, I smell the stink from a skunk. OH MY GOODNESS it was so strong! As I let her in the smell got worse! I realized that she got sprayed! UGH! This has never happened to me before. I took her straight upstairs and yelled at my husband to get up and help me give her a bath. That didn't help. That night I slept in the spare bedroom while Nani slept with Nick. The next day I could taste the horrible smell. GROSS! So I went online to look for something that would get it out. I found a concoction. It is- 1 liter (or quart) 3% hydrogen peroxide (peroxide may cause bleaching) 1/4 c. Baking soda. 1 tsp. dish detergent (I use dawn soap).
I gave her 4-5 baths. It worked pretty well. It didn't come out completely but it was bearable. So here we are and my house is back to normal and the smell is gone.
Last night....I'm talking on the phone and start smelling skunk again. Yes, Nani is outside. I get off the phone, open the door, and yell at Nani to get her butt inside. I was so mad. I didn't say anything to her. I started mixing the peroxide mixture and walked upstairs. Nani was ahead of me, and the next thing I know she ran into the bathroom and jumped into the bathtub! HA HA! She knew what to do! After all that, I found out that she didn't get sprayed! YAY! The skunk must of sprayed right outside our house because the house smelled horrible. Thank goodness she didn't get sprayed. Whew! She still goes rushing outside like shes going to attack something. Don't know how to stop her from doing that.

1 comments:

Christy said...

So, you've started a blog. How fun! I look forward to reading you. Be careful, it is very addictive. :)

Post a Comment